Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: A message to Pedro

  1. #1
    Inactive Member stanley k's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2000
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pedro,
    Wie geht's. Ich heisse Stanley und Ich bin aus Los Angeles.
    Alright, that's about all the German I remeber from high school. I had a
    question as to where I can purchase some of the sound syc equipment you
    mention on the hostboard discussion forum. I have an Elmo St-1200HD
    projector and need some sort of tape recorder that will accept the pulse
    sync coming out of it. I know you mention Gebuhr in several of your posts,
    where can I find these products? What are the German words I will need to
    look for, when I search these products? Do you know where I can find a
    Weberling sound striping machine?? Viele Dank, und, hoffentlich, Sie kann
    mir helfen. Stanley.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member #Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2000
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Stanley, what a surprise when I opened the forum site, the first topic directly to my nick, and - the posting starting in perfect German!

    Well, about your Elmo, I?m not familiar with your specific model, but I know that the GS model has an inbuilt synchronizer unit, that accepts any 1/fr pulses from any optical perfo-scanner or, with an amplifying cable, any tape pulses. Check out studying the manual, phoning to Elmo service etc if your model has the same equipment!
    If yes, you economize the syncronizer and can connect a tape recorder, f.e. the SonyWM-D6C AV or the SOny TC-D5M AV to it, using the mentioned cable. The projector will adjust itself to the pulse-rhithm from the tape!!!
    If not, and there is only a 1pulse/frame contact, you?ll need the Gebuhr synchronizer "Synchronisierungsbaustein-II" to contol the tape?s speed (mentioned models) thru the projector. The mentioned tape recorders you can purchase at Gebuhr, just equipped with the neccessary modifications, or they modify your own standard recorder. Best you look at their web page www.synchrongeraete.de where they put their email, adress, phonenumbers. The page only give general infos, don?t know when it will become finaly ready! But they are doing their yob since 25 years and are in Europe somewhat as a standard-setter.
    Here some prices from their 1999 list:
    synchronizer: 870 EUR
    powersupply for it: 220 EUR
    WM-D6V AV: 980 EUR
    TC-D5M AV: 1280 EUR
    Elmo amplyfying cable "Impulsverst?rkerkabel": 110 EUR

    I hope I could help you, feel free to contact me anyway, if you have further questions or wanna have the list. Try to contact Gebuhr to clearify the international shipment, they should speak English.

    So long,
    Pedro

  3. #3
    Inactive Member stanley k's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2000
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Viele dank, und Ich werde sie am Montag anrufen.

    As far as I can tell from the manual for the projector it does accept a pulse from an Elmo tape recorder (SR1 tape recorder)but I would think it would accept the same pulse from another device, like the ones from Gebuhr. Either way, thank you once again.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member #Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2000
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Stanley:
    There is also a low cost cassette recorder around, the Phillips N2229AV. It is suitable for sync sound of film and slide shows by factory and costed new about USD100.-
    My father has one for it?s slide shows and the sound quality (stereo) is like any other standard tape deck.
    Pedro

    [This message has been edited by #Pedro (edited January 08, 2001).]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member stanley k's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2000
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, I definitely need something cheap and good. Not exactly the most abundant combinations of things to find. I'll keep looking, though. Thanks, Pedro.

    Stanley

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •